Monday, September 24, 2012

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, September 23rd, 2012, Old National, Egyptian Room, Indianapolis, Indiana


Here is a great link to the do317 photo recap! After the disappointment of a cancelled show earlier this year, I finally experienced Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros live. Notorious for starting their shows late, I was prepared for a bit of a wait. With all honesty, I'm not so sure this isn't an intentional and strategic practice, as it gives the audience enough time to drink themselves into a happier frenzy of anticipation. By the 2nd or 3rd song, lead man, Alex Ebert, admitted they'd "just woke up" and apologized for getting off to a slow start. From my perspective they are such polished musicians (the whole lot of them) and so well rehearsed, that I can't imagine what they would sound like if things went south. No disrespect to them, but I get the impression that the band is like an expensive playgroup for the whimsy of Mr. Ebert and his muse counterpart, Jade Castrinos, who he met outside an L.A. Cafe. They seem infinitely joyful at all times and you become happier just by watching them, whether they are singing or not. I wonder if that is what falling for a cult feels like. It was a wonderful show that I, unfortunately, did not get any photos of due to the venue not allowing me to bring in a simple digital SLR camera and my phone dying after my gazillonth text to my daughter and friends that I was sitting at a VIP table in front of Andrew Luck of the Colts. It was almost too much excitement for one day...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment